Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mirror


Yesterday, I stood looking at my face in the mirror, staring in actual amazement.
I looked older.  My hair looked tired, and the sparkle that once shine in my eyes as a child faded.
There was a seriousness that had taken in its place.
At that moment, a sense of urgency and determination awakened in me.
The face in the mirror was changing right in front of me.
I could have told myself, "It's just a bad hair day," but deep inside I knew that this was a transition I needed to face, literally, "face to face."
I smiled at myself with one of those, "You-don't-look-so bad" kinds of smiles, but they didn't work.
So I tried to make my smile bigger and brighter, hoping to find a renewed spirit somewhere, but didn't help either.

This is a wake up call!

Time to start doing things I "really" want to do.
Time to think about making "more" changes.
Time to get my life going.

As I've awakened to the changes that are surrounding my life, I realized that I must also stop, and reminisce about my past.
Who I am today is the accumulation of everything that once I was, and the total sum of each and every thought I have ever had, and every single feeling I have ever known.

CHANGE is what keeps me constantly striving to be more than I was before.
Life shines brightly to those who experience the changes they are given.

Life is the interaction of all things, and we must learn to respect everyone as we all journey in different directions.
To accept life as a passage through time, is to understand that people will indeed fulfill their own destinies as they travel the roads, only alone they can take.

Let your life be an adventure.

Look at the invisible, listen to the silence, touch your imagination, and make each day something special.
You are your life, and by believing in change, you believe in yourself, and everything that it will be.







No comments: